Sometimes the Quickbooks Desktop Web Connector configuration can become corrupt and needs to be reconfigured. This document details the steps required to reconfigure this software.
Note: To work correctly, Quickbooks Desktop (QBD), the Quickbooks Web Connector, and the browser used to connect to Prendio must all be installed and running on the same computer.
AP Management > General:
Download the Quickbooks Web Configuration File.
1. Click on the Download QBWC Configuration File link.
Note: This will download the configuration file to the default Downloads location for the current logged-on computer user.
2. On my computer, this is the Downloads folder.
3. The Quickbook.qwc file was downloaded here.
Launch Quickbooks Desktop.
4. From the File pulldown menu select Update Web Services.
5. When the Quickbooks Web Connector opens, press the Remove button.
6. At the QBWebConnector - Warning press Yes.
7. Click on the Add an Application button.
8. Maneuver to the location of the Quickbook.qwc file.
9. Select the Quickbook.qwc file.
10. Press Open.
11. At the Authorize New Web Service prompt press OK.
Note: This will add the configuration to the Quickbooks Web Connector.
12. Make sure this box is checked.
13. Make sure the correct password is entered.
The Quickbooks Web Connector can now be used for Prendio to communicate with Quickbooks Desktop.