All features and sections in this document are also available as individual Knowledgebase documents.
Some features are still in development or not yet implemented and are noted so.
B. The Reminder Approval Request is sent to the approver if he or she does not respond during the time configured here. In this example if the approver does not respond in 3 days, a Reminder Email Notification is sent to that approver.
C. Text Message Reminders can also be configured. If the approver does not respond to the Reminder Approval Request within the time configured here, a Text Message Reminder can also be sent. In this example if the approver did not respond to any of the previous requests within 5 days of when the cart was submitted, a Text Message is sent to that approver.
Notes: If a time is not entered for text message notifications this type of notification is disabled.
To receive text message notifications the approver’s cell phone number and carrier must be specified and this feature also must be enabled in their Prendio User Profile.
D. A Delegate Approval Request is sent to that approver’s delegate if the approver does not respond to any of the previous approval requests. In this example a request is sent in 7 days of when the cart was submitted to the Approver’s Delegate if the approver did not respond to any requests.
Note: The Approver’s Delegate is immediately notified if Out of Office (OOO) is configured in the Approver’s Prendio User Account Setup.
E. The Next Approver in the Requester’s Approval Path is sent an approval request when a requisition requires more than one approver. In this example a request is sent in 7 days and 5 hours of when the cart was submitted to the Next Approver.
Admin > General > Accounting
1. New Supplier Approval can be enabled. To enable this feature click in the New Supplier Approver pulldown menu to select a Prendio User from the list. Once enabled, that user will need to approve any new supplier requests for your company.
2. Enable ERP Integration This feature is not selected by default. When not enabled Prendio orders are Exported as CSV (comma separated values) files for manual import into the ERP System. When enabled these orders can be pushed to the configured ERP System.
Note: The initial ERP Integration is completed with the assistance of the Prendio Technical Support. Please contact help@bioprocure when any changes are necessary.
ERP Connector Setup
The available selections are Prendio Quickbooks Online Connector, Prendio Quickbooks Desktop Connector, Prendio NetSuite
Connector, Prendio Oracle Fusion Connector and Prendio MS Business Central Connector.
All of these selections communicate website to website (online connector) with the exception of Quickbooks Desktop.
Note: Quickbooks Online will be used in this example.
4. The Renew Connection button is used to re-establish communication between the Prendio and Quickbooks secure websites.
Prendio Flexible Segments:
Common ERP Segments are how the Segments are named internally in Prendio. These names cannot be modified.
Prendio Segments are how the Segments are named in the Prendio User Interface (examples: Carts, Accounts Payable and AP Push).
5. The default names are used here. These can be changed to match the ERP Naming.
6. These are Optional Segments and can only be enabled with the assistance of Prendio Technical Support. Please contact help@bioprocure when any changes are necessary.
7. With the Prendio online connectors an AP Push Bundle can be selected. This will attach the document(s) in PDF format to the orders and these bundles will be pushed to these ERP Systems.
8. The documentation selections available display in the AP Push Bundle pulldown menu. The selections are Invoice + PO + Packing Slip(s) + Approval Summary, Invoice + PO + Packing Slip(s), Invoice + PO + Approval Summary, Invoice, and (do not attach any documents).
9. The Tax and Freight Assignment pulldown menu has 2 selections, Distributed to Lines and Specific Accounts. Selecting Distributed to Lines distributes the tax and freight between each line item in the order. Selecting Specific Accounts allows the Tax and Freight to be assigned individually to a GL Account.
10. An Accounting Note can be entered here. The note entered here will appear in the Scan Match window for the Receiver and Accounts Payable roles.
11. Press Save when the configuration is complete.
Admin > General > Tolerances
1. Buyer PO Creation is where the maximum amount for a Punchout Order that does not require a Buyer Review is entered.
2. Receipt Creation is where the percentage of the quantity of an item received per order line without a PO revision.
3. Always press Save when a change is made.
1. Press the Add User Button.
2. These Mandatory Fields must be completed. The fields that do not have a Red Asterisk (*) are not mandatory and may be useful to your company.
3. Create/View Confidential Orders must be selected if this user is to have access to view and/or Confidential Orders.
4. Press Save when complete.
5. Pressing Save added the User's Name to the Prendio User Profile.
6. Select Details.
7. The user's Spend Limit, Approval Limit, Approval Delegate, and Next Approver must be selected.
Note: Clicking in the Approval Delegate and Next Approver pulldown menus will display a list of Prendio users to select from.
8. Click on Add Approver to display a list of Prendio Users to manually select as Approvers to add to the user's Personal Approval Path.
- or -
9. Click on Reset Path to Default for Prendio to automatically add the Approvers to the Personal Approval Path.
10. In the Allowed Departments header click on Manage.
11. Check the box next to All to add the user as a member to all departments or manually select the department(s) the user should be a member of.
12. Press Save when complete.
13. The Allowed Departments field now displays the number of departments this user is a member of. A department can also be selected as the default for the user.
Note: The Default Department will automatically be selected when the user creates a new cart.
15. Check the box next to All to add the user as a member to all projects or manually select the project(s) the user should be a member of.
16. Note: Timetable is an option in Prendio that the users can post the times spent on projects. If your company has this option check the box under Timetable next to the Project(s) that should be available for time tracking.
17. Click on the X in the upper right-hand corner to close this window when complete.
18. The Allowed Projects field now displays the number of projects this user is a member of.
Back To The General Tab:
19. Click on Send Activation to send an email to the user that contains a link for the user to Activate their profile.
20. Activation Request email sent will appear briefly.
21. Press Save when complete.
Admin > Users:
22. Cindy Brady's Prendio User Profile is now in a Pending status. After Cindy responds to the Activation Request, the status will change to Active.
23. The Authentication tab is used to specify if the user is using Prendio or SSO (Single Sign-On) Authentication, the default is Prendio Authentication. The Secondary Notification tab is used to configure the user's Slack username.
Notes: SSO Authentication and Slack Integration are options, please contact Prendio Technical Support for more detail.
24. Click on the Details tab.
25. A summary of the user's Delegate, Approval Path, and Watcher responsibilities is included at the bottom of the Details tab.
Select the General tab.
26. A Default GL Account can also be selected for the user.
Note: The Default GL Account will automatically be selected when the user creates a new cart.
Noting The User's Delegate, Personal Approval Path, And Approver/Watcher Responsibilities
Admin > User > Edit User:
1. Select the Details tab.
2. Scroll to the bottom to locate the user's Delegate, Personal Approval Path, and Approver/Watcher responsibilities.
Note or Create A Screenshot of this information for reference during the editing of the users that will be impacted by this change.
Deactivating A Prendio User Profile
Before deleting a Prendio User Profile the profile must be Inactive.
Admin > Users > Edit User:
3. Check the Account Inactive Box.
4. At the Confirmation window, press OK.
5. Enter a Reason for this activity.
6. Press Submit.
Press Save and close the window when complete.
Prendio User Licensing Charges do not apply to Inactive Users. For this reason many customers choose not to delete these profiles. Instead, they are used future reference or historical purposes. Inactive profiles do not display in the Users window by default.
Deleting The User Profile
Admin > Users:
7. Check the Include Inactive box.
8. Click on the Trash Can icon.
9. At the Delete prompt press Yes.